Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Designing corrosion inhibition system - reading material 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

usyd12a

Chemical
Aug 7, 2012
Dear all,

Can anyone please share with me any reading material on how to design a corrosion inhibition system for a subsea pipeline? My background is not really in this (corrosion) field yet I will have to work on designing one very soon.

Thank you very much in advance.

Yours sincerely,

usyd12a

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

usyd12a said:
My background is not really in this field, yet I will have to work on designing one very soon

The classic recipe for failure!

European Federation Of Corrosion Publication 39

NACE Corrosion 2008, Paper 08643

NACE Corrosion 2010, Paper 10324

Yellow Pages for your nearest certified corrosion control consultant

Steve Jones
Materials & Corrosion Engineer

Could you please elaborate your corrosion inhibition system. Maybe you could get away with NACE approved materials along with the basic engineering calculations.

usd12a has at no time said he is the primary engineer- he could be just be an assistant (hopefully) and just wants an idea of what he will be doing. NACE approved materials such as NACE Corrosion 2008, Paper 08643

NACE Corrosion 2010, Paper 10324.

If usyd12a is the 'assistant', should it not be down to the Lead or Principal Engineer to be doing the guiding rather than Eng-Tips forum? Not quite sure why the references already quoted have been repeated. John 7474 appears to be implying that a listing in NACE MR0175 imparts some form of immunity against weight loss corrosion. If that is not the implication, no doubt it will be clarified.

Steve Jones
Materials & Corrosion Engineer

I once went to my professor with a question and he showed me the library building from his office (literally).

It is the eng-tips forums that gave me the answer to his actions ( mine too).

I am a shameless student and hope to stay the same way.

Agree to both replyers above.

Hi all,

I must say that cloa was right: I am not the primary/principal engineer for the job. In fact, we are going to contract an experienced consultant for it and I only have to monitor the work. However, for my own benefit, I would like to understand on how to do it/what must be done/what are the essential issues/steps etc. That's why I deliberately did not explain my situation. Sorry if this has raised any concern.

Anyway, I could not find any of the above-mentioned NACE approved materials. May I know if they are freely available on Internet? If not, would it be possible for any of you to send me a copy please?

Thank you all very much.

Yours sincerely,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back