Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DesignJet 500 Out of memory Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

yelir

Mechanical
Feb 3, 2005
US
I have SolidWorks 2005 with SP1 and a hp designJet 500 42+HPGL2 card with a total memory of 32mb and when I try to print a drawing the ploter says Warning 71:06 Out of memory Data was lost. I have installed the newest drivers from HP for the ploter (6.11). I have never used this ploter with SolidWorks before, should this ploter work with SW 2005 and is it just a problum that the ploter needs a larger memory card? Thanks for any Help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We have a DesignJet 600 and have had the same problem for a while with SW. We workaround by changing your plotting config on the advanced tab to "In Computer" instead of letting the printer handle it on its own.
TTFN

yelir

If you are running out of memory you need to do like captaincaveman747 said and in the settings options select the advanced tab and change to "IN COMPUTER" this will then let the computer send data as needed to the printer. We have this same issue with our DesignJet 1050c.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back