Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Detail circles/ poof!! ----gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

aromech

Mechanical
May 29, 2003
US
The other day I opened a solid works drawing with (4) detail views. (3) of the views showed the detail circle in the drawing sheet (sketch), still had all the dimensions in the detail view but was missing the detail circle in the tree under the view. ALSO the detail view was no longer cropped to the size of the circle, it was the whole parent view that the initial circle was on. The only thing I did was change a bore size in the model by .001".

The only solution I had was to re-do these views.

Does any one know what may have happend here and how to fix it?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

THE ONLY TIME IVE COME ACROSS THIS IS ON MULTIPLE
SHEETS AND THE BEST FIX IS TO GO TO ANOTHER SHEET
REBUILD THEN GO BACK TO THE ORIGINAL SHEET
ALSO THIS HAPPENS IF THE CONFIGURATION IN THE DRG
IS NOT THE SAME AS THE ONE OPEN IN A PART

Aromech,

I had run into this problem quite a bit in SW2K1+ on a drawing that spanned 15 sheets. This was an assembly drawing that had an average of 1-2 detail views on each page. Every time a change was made, I would lose a detail view or two.

I recovered the missing views by slightly resizing the detail circle. The detail circle is the circle drawn to show the source of the detail view. This forced SW2K1+ to redraw the detailed view and everything was fine (until the next time I changed the drawing).

I have not had this problem with S2K3 SP3.1.

Regards,
Thomas Moyland

Thanks for the replies.
Unfortunatly I am running SP3 (it was also on a single part detail with only one sheet) and have tried resizing the circles but what I found is that the circle sketch is still there but the item in the drawing tree under that particualr view is deleted. I can re-create the problem if I go to the tree and delete the detail circle. now I need to figure out what deleted the circles in the first place.

Have you contacted your VAR on this yet and see if they can duplicate the problem with or without your files?

That's there job to support you and any problems you find. They are suppose to try and help you find a workaround if necessary.

You may not like the workaround if there is one, but be glad there is one because sometimes there are not any.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP[wiggle][alien]
3DVision Technologies
faq731-376
When in doubt, always check the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back