Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Detail Drawings included with a Driveworks Driven Part...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerrickH

Mechanical
Jan 22, 2010
US
I have a part that I set up to run with DriveWorksXpress. I was hoping I could set up one drawing that had everything (all options) dimensioned. Then when things were suppressed/unsuppressed, according to selections made on the form, the correct dimensions would show up and a few may need to be deleted/hidden.

The problem is when I do a test suppress of a feature, the dims stay up and I'm not able to hide a detail view if one is associated with it. Well I can the view, but not the leader/marker. Is there a better way to accomplish this?

Derrick Hochgesang
Specials Project Engineer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Derrick,

Does the dimension you want to dissappear turn to the greenish brown dangling color?

Cole M
CSWP, CSWST, CSWI, CPDM
Certified DriveWorks AE

No, they stay black/not dangling. I have the dimension going from an edge of the part to a CL of a routed feature. The CL disappears, but the dim stays black/not dangling.

I've attached an example of a drawing that was created after a form was ran. It's a bit overwelming with all the extra dims, but like I mentioned in my initial post... I was hoping they would hide themselves when not in use.

Derrick Hochgesang
Specials Project Engineer

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=5f507aec-02d3-4149-bd84-7e861697586c&file=Element_Top_47.625x28.8125-G3-Gallery-Gallery-Gallery-None-Right-None.slddrw
Derrick,

What happens when the feature is deleted, not suppressed? If done correctly, you should get a dangling dimension.

If they go dangling, this is simple to fix. In your SW system options: Document Options/Detailing select the "Hide dangling dimensions and annotations".

Hope this helps.

Christopher Zona - Product Designer
Loretto, Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back