Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Determination of Potier Reactance 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashover

Electrical
Jul 16, 2002
IE
Hi Folks,
Looking through a shop test procedure for generator, I have problems trying to setermine how they calculated the Potier Reactance. i have looked at IEC 60034-4 where it is specified, but it is still not clear to me,. any help on this would be greatly appreciated,
Kind regards
Flashover

Flashover

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

if anyone could mail me a copy of the relevant details, i would be really thankful, being on site, i can not get my hands on these standards and to try and get thro head office i fear may take a long, long time!
my email is
happyout1976@yahoo.com

kind regards
flashover

Flashover

Flashover, no personal offense is meant, but others at this board have "head offices" with their seemingly peculiar demands to deal with, also. If one is going to take on work involving systems that cost many, many thousands of dollars—then a copyrighted publication costing $150 should be considered almost inconsequential if project completion and purchase-order line-item specifications have any consequence.

Suggestion: Reference:
The Electrical Machines Problem Solver, Staff of Research and Education Association, 505 8th Avenue, New York, NY 10018, USA
e.g.
Problem 7-24:
Armature Leaking Reactance Xa=(XI voltage drop)/rated current
(from Potier Diagram)

Thanks everybody for replies,
Busbar:- I understand your point and its quiet correct,
however i am only a graduate engineer in a new job and alot of this work is quiet new to me, i wish to succeed in whatever way possible. I have found this site most invaluable and recommend it to friends reguarly. I apologise if u feel i was on the cheap here looking for advise, never my attention, just an eagerness to find the answer to my post as quick as possible.

DougMSOE:- thanks for trying to mail me details, my email address is happyout1976@yahoo.co.uk and not .com as i posted earlier, very sorry for the inconvience. if that does not work, then i will have to open a new account or something.

Thanks very much
kind regards
Flashover

Flashover

There is a corollary to "...whatever way possible" and "...quick as possible."

"Failure to plan on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part."

Publication searches may not seem glamorous or exciting, but can be a good way to save time and money—and occasionally—maybe even a career.

hi busbar
its only for my own iformation and study. I saw it on a report from a generator test and wished to follow up on it. dont worry about it, i will try and get the standards at some later stage,
kind regards
flashover

Flashover

Hi DougMOSE,
i am interested to know what u had on email for me, if you try sending it to happyout1976@yahoo.co.uk that would be great
Thanks

Flashover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back