Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Determine Vout 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ritchie888

Bioengineer
Jun 22, 2011
US
I have, what I'm sure is a very simple circuit, and I need to determine Vout from the design attached. I'm sure I have to do superposition and use a potential divider, but I can't seem to get the answer given. Anyone that can push me in the right direction?

Cheers

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's a voltage divider output, resulting in 14.2308. Perhaps, you can show your work and someone can show you where your error is.

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

R1: ignore
R2, R3, R4: combine to one resistor
R5, R6: combine to one resistor

That's it, now you have your voltage divider.

Benta.

Maybe I'm being picky, but you can't get four significant digits on the answer when the resistors all have one significant digit.

Glenn

Got ot laugh......My wife got a calculator at a garage sale for 50 cents. A week later she says it gives funny numbers. Every calculation comes out as a fraction. Trying the clear functions listed on the back did nothing. Just when you think that you are smarter than a fifth grader. Just what is that function and why is it needed? I'll try removing the battery next May when we return to the camp.

There should be a key sequence that sets the calculator back to decimal mode. which brand is it?

And yeah, homework is not allowed, as a general rule.

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back