Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dewar Fabricators 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TangoCleveland

Mechanical
Jun 28, 2002
US
I'm looking for a fabricator who can supply an pressurized LN2 dewar with all controls and vaporizing coil. We need 180 liter capacity, 125 psig pressure, and 350 scfh flow of gaseous N2 from the dewar (pardon the mixed units, but this is NASA). I found good packages from Taylor-Wharton and Chart, but I'd like a third quote. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Larry

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Unclesyd,
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe any of the industrial gas companies actually manufacture their own dewars. As far as I know, they all use Taylor Wharton or Chart. I know there are others for LHe dewars, but not for the atmpospherics.

Larry,
These things are relatively 'off the shelf' and although the government (and much of industry) wants 3 competitive quotes, the two mfgs you mention are the major ones. I'm not aware of any others that would be competitive.

Your probably correct as Linde (now Praxair) was located next door Taylor Wharton in Mobile Al. Probably Linde added the ancillary equipment and acted a manufacturer. As far as the manufacturing of Dewars and Cryogenic Storage Tanks I was told it was part of the giant sucking sound. Talked to a salesman that calls on Taylor Wharton and he estimates they are at 40% capacity at best.

Praxair would probably still qualify for bid purposes if you need the third one.

If your requirements are for a custom unit that is not "off the shelf" then you can also try Cryogenic Repair Services Inc. in Canada. You can reach them at (905) 838-0328.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back