Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dft file to Autocad dwg file

Status
Not open for further replies.

jennytu

Mechanical
Oct 26, 2003
AU
Hi,
Just wondering how I can convert a .dft file into an AutoCAD file (either .dwg or .dxf). At the moment when I open the file after 'saving as' a dxf the views overlap each other and it also appears without dimensions.

How can I make a decent looking drawing from SolidEdge into a 2D CAD program?

Thanking you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

open your .dft file and do a save as, change the as file type to .dwg and it should come out fine. I usually get a message about proxy graphics but just click ok and dimensions and lines should show up correctly. I have done this on both version 11 and version 14 of solidedge. I hope this helps.

DKDragon

I also have trouble converting to .dwg files when dimensions or notes are hung on a drawing view that is not at a 1:1 scale. Whenver possible I only try to convert to .dwg when my SE drawing views are at a 1:1 scale. This has always taken care of any conversion problems for me.

Most of the problems I've had in saving as dwg from a draft seem to arise from an unrecognized text font. The font is fine in SE but when converted and opened in ACAD the font has become the default and often runs way over the drawing borders (especially in title blocks).

Haven't had the need to do this too often so haven't been overly worried about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back