Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Diesel Injector Driver (CRD) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

koldone2

Mechanical
Sep 26, 2005
Does anyone know of a source for a Injector Driver Box that will drive common rail injectors (Bosch, Delphi, Siemens)? I am looking for a reasonably priced driver that will work in a vehicle for a personal project. I know there are lab grade units that cost thousands, I am looking to spend hundreds. I would happy if it can drive 4 injectors at the required P&H. I want to fire the injector using the ignition output (TTL) of an automotive type module.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Acell markets a stand alone system for gasoline injection systems. You might be able to adapt it for your purposes. Figure on about $2000 for a 4 cyl application ------Phil

Most of the automotive stuff out there is for low impedance injectors~6-8 amps peak- 2-4 amps hold. The CRD requires much higher current capability- 20-25 amp peak and 12-15 amp hold (approximate numbers but you get the point).

In order to accomplish what I want, I need to run custom software. I have have the software and module to do the job- just need a reasonalbly priced driver box. I have talked to a lot of people looking for the same thing.

Delphi supplied control modules to, I believe, Renault in Europe for common rail applications.
These modules were also used by Ford of Europe on common-rail engines where the Ford/Visteon ECU was used to do all the control work and the Delphi module was used to handle the injector control.

A Delphi part number like 593 062 24, or 593 050 62 would be such a part.
A Ford Finis code of 1216024 equates to the second Delphi number.

No idea how you'd get the info for programming and the module pin-out though.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back