Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Diesel Tank Leak Test Procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfadzil

Mechanical
May 18, 2008
Hi all,

Is there any standard procedures for diesel tank leak test?Can anyone give me the link?
Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It depends on the size of the tank;- for a home diesel srorage tank, simply fill it up to the brim and walk around it looking for leaks. It is different for a new, large diesel storage tank on a refinery plant. You would probably use a vacuum device to detect leaks. It's also different how to detect leaks in a diesel tank on a ship, in a middle of the ocean...
Perhaps you could be a bit more specific with your request.
cheers,
gr2vessels

Thanks.
I must prepare Leak Test Procedure for diesel skid tank. I don't know how to do the procedure. Is there any outline for preparing this document?
Pneumatic and hydrostatic test can be fine. The tank sizing is about 3000mm W x 4000mm L x 400mm H.
Thanks again.

Be very very careful with any pnuenmatic or vacuum testing the former could result in a burst tank and resultant injury to personel while the latter could end up with a collapsed tank. You are better to fill it with water a pressurise it to 1 - 2 psi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back