Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Difference between ASPEN+ and UNISIM 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

choack

Chemical
Mar 11, 2012
AU
Hello,

What basically is the difference of ASPEN and UNISIM? Which of the two is better?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Does a tree make a noice if it falls when nobody is around to notice it?

There are differences in the way that the various tools solve the equations numerically, the GUI is different and the umber of options may vary. The thermodynamics should be similar for similar models, but varioations in e.g. databases may exist.

Best regards

UNISIM was originally HYSYS (dynamic) and was aquired by Honeywell some years back when Aspen aquired HYSYS due to a ruling by the american anti-monopoly laws (as far as i remember). The deal was that Asxpen should make all improvements done to HYSYS for a number of years avaiable to Honewell - i dont know of vise-cersa. However, now UNISIM is no loger identical to HYSYS and i dont think they are compatible anymore. At least not HYSYS-> Unisim.

Aspentech (here i assume you mean Aspen+) a totally different piece of software and not compatable with HYSYS. Try to get a vendor rep to come tell you of the many advantages.

To the best of my knowledege i think that Honeywell wanted to get an easy access to the "operator training" market and has specialiased UNISIM in this direct - but im only guessing.

Best regards

Morten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back