Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Difference between nm3/h and sm3/h??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

MadDog88

Mechanical
Aug 14, 2002
AU
Hello,
Can somebody please tell me the difference between nm3/h and sm3/h and how to convert between the two?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Normal conditions are generally 0ºC & 760mm Hg, standard conditions are 60ºF & 14.7psia - however different standards are used for "normal" in different industries so you need to confirm what standard your client or subject is using.

I tend to use the Uconeer conversion software, cos I'm lazy, this free software converts from mass to volumetric flowrate for standard and non-standard gasses along with many other conversions.

The web address is

There have been a number of attempts to codify the definitions of 'standard' conditions which simply adds to the confusion. I would recommend that the use of such standard volume flows should always be accompanied by a reference to the applicable 'standard' conditions.

Take care with the use of 15°C (59°F) and 60°F (15.55556°C), both of which are used for 'Standard' conditions in metric or "British" units respectively and have tended to be used interchangably.

Also, the conversion can be affected by the water content.

pennpoint, thanks.

As for many participants in these forums English is not my mother-tongue, Spanish is, and what we write is not precisely that which we think. One moment of distraction and see what happens ... I noticed the error (right instead of write) a millisecond after sending the message. Anyway, I hoped I'd conveyed my idea regarding normal and standard T,P. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back