Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dimension arrows ? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000mustanggtguy

Mechanical
Mar 16, 2005
US
After I place a dimension in a drawing I use to be able to change the arrow position just by touching the arrow. I use 2005 at home and my dimension arrow control at home allow me change my arrows, since I've loaded 2006 on my computer at work my dimension arrow control is gone can anybody help me?

Printed Circuit Board Designer
Stangs rule!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Click on the dims right over the arrow then do a RMB. This will bring up the arrow choices

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 5.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.

My dimensions (SW2006-SP4.1) behave normally. ie. By highlighting the dimension, then clicking on the arrow "handle" (green dot).

[cheers]
Helpful SW websites FAQ559-520
How to get answers to your SW questions FAQ559-1091

CorBlimeyLimey,

I'm lost CorBlimeyLimey I've tried like what you guys intructed me to do, and I'm not get the (green dot). I've never had this problem until I load 06 on computer a few weeks ago. So now when I dimension a new drawing I have to save it as 05 take it home dimension drawing and bring it back to work the next day and this is getting old. I think I'm dumping 06 and running across the street to my VAR and see what those guys can do for me. [bugeyed]

Stangs rule!

What do you mean by "save it as 05"? How are you doing that? I don't belive you can save a SW2006 document as SW2005.

That said, I have no trouble with my arrows either. Corrupt install, perhaps?

CorBlimeyLimey,

I've just dimension something in a new drawing on a new part and CorBlimeyLimey, the green dots appear in 05. I think there was something wrong when 2006 was loaded because the green dots area on my boss computer, so I'm going to reload 2006 and go from there, thanks for your'e help guys.

Stangs rule!

Did you disable your Anti-Virus program before installing SW06?
Did you update the Video Card driver after installing SW06?

How do I Repair or Modify of a SW Installation? faq559-908
Alternative to try before reinstalling faq559-507
How do I do a clean uninstall & reinstall of Solidworks? faq559-488

[cheers]

CorBlimeyLimey,

I donwloaded the lastest driver from nVidia last week, but I'll disable the norton anti-virus, I hope that does the trick.

Stangs rule!

but I'll disable the norton anti-virus, I hope that does the trick.
Do you mean when repairing or re-installing SW?
Just disabling the AV will not affect your current install of SW.

[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back