Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DIMENSION, LAYER SCALING PROBLEM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdickens

Mechanical
Sep 19, 2005
US
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction or if anybody has had a similar problem?
At the moment we are using Autocad Mechanical 2006,
we changed over to autocad in roughly 2004 from cimcad.
Our legacy drawings have been converted from cimcad format into .dwg.
We then use the layer translator to convert the old layers into Autocad mechanical layers.
We then open up a new drawing with autoad template and copy and paste the details of the drawing into the new drawing, in this process(copy and pasting into new drawing), the dimensions scale down and we have to go through quick select, choose dimension layer, object properties to change the scale.
I was wondering if there was a quicker way to change the scale of the dimension when we make the change over.

any advice would be greatly appreciated!

thanks

Barry

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sounds like the dim style settings are named the same between drawings maybe. The copied ones are taking on the properties of the new dwg. See if this might work, rename the dim style of the new dwg, and then copy and paste the original ents in.

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." — Will Rogers

Thanks,

but the problem seems to be with the size of the text, when I copy and paste the drawing into the new template the text becomes a lot smaller.
What I then do is quick select dimension layer, object properties and change the text style from "STANDARD" to "DIMENION" this seems to bring the dimension text into scale.
I was trying to find a quicker way of doing this.
Do you think it would be possible to write a macro?

Thanks

Barry

Thanks SMCADMAN,

I'm nearly there with that macro, the old dimensions have taken up the properties of the new dimension but pictorialy
the dimension text is still smaller.

could this be a scale problem?

thanks

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back