Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dimension leader attaches to geometric tolerance box instead of dimension

Status
Not open for further replies.

SShashi

Mechanical
Sep 29, 2014
IN
hi All,

I face a weird problem in solidworks 2014 drawing with the geometric tolerance box attached to dimension. when i specify a geomtric tolerance and attach to a dimension, the arrow points to the geometric tolerance box instead of the dimension. does anybody face a similar problem?? any solution? attached a screenshot of the issue.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=b9dd83df-3267-4710-b2fc-87605b423bc0&file=Dimensionleader.JPG
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi. I couldn't reproduce this exactly, but if you right click on the dimension, go to Display Options and click Define by Geometry, then go to the Feature Manager and Justify your arrows, then go back to Display Options, and click Define by Hole Wizard, this might be a work around. I've noticed that my Justify doesn't work with Hole Wizard callouts. Sylvia

It appears that this may be ISO related. Are you using ISO standard? I switched from ANSI to ISO and could reproduce your problem. Maybe this will help if you talk to your VAR. Sylvia

Thanks Sbaugh.. found out the problem... i did not set the overall standard to ANSI... instead had set only the Hole callout to ANSI.. now it works fine..

I dont know if this is a problem with Solidworks 2014. we are using ISO standards all the time and it was working fine with solidworks 2012. Now upgraded to solidworks 2014 and this issue arised. any comments?

Thanks
Shashi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back