Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dimension lock grey (stuck on driven)

Status
Not open for further replies.

idanbrk

Mechanical
Jun 23, 2014
IL
hi all

im trying to do a simple sketch on solid edge and when i create the first dimension it is automaticly being placed as a driven dimension (blue color) and when i try to change it in to a driving dimension by pressing the lock i cant because its in grey and doesn't work , its not possible that the dimension has to be driven because its the first one so no other dimensions are forcing it , you can see in the screen shot how it looks .

what can i do to fix this?

thanks

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=598e09b2-e7dd-4aac-914e-fcd51c96de72&file=dim_grey.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not enough information, so here are some tips to troubleshoot this yourself.

1) Ordered or Synchronous environment?
2) Do you have relationship colors turned on? (In the Inspect menu, make sure Relationship Colors is highlighted.)
2a) With relationship colors on, are your profile (sketch elements) black?​
3) Are your relationship handles visible, because none show up in your image?
3a) If they are not turned on, then turn them on to see if there are any conflicting geometric constraints. This option is available in an active sketch.​
4) How is your dimension controlled?
a) Horizontal/Vertial, b) By 2 Points, c) Use Dimension Axis​

--Scott
www.wertel.pro

This type of keypoint (intersection at the tangency point) doesn't allow to be driven by a dimension. You need to add a construction line and connect the dimension to its endpointt at the same location
endpoint_f1wynt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back