Dimension size with a scaled drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng426

Mechanical
Jun 27, 2003
US
Hi,

When I am in drafting and have generated a "D" sheet at 4x scale, I find that my dimensions and lettering are very small since they did not "scale" up to the drawing scale. I do not want to go in and change text height, arrow size etc. for each drawing. Is there a dimension and lettering scaling default to do this. In my mind the dim. And lettering should stay the same size on the paper irregardless of scale. Is there a customer default in utilities to set this?
Thanks,

Vince Smith

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Annotations should stay the same size. I have not run across this problem before. You aren't dimensioning with the view(s) expanded, are you?

When you create the drawing views on you 'paper' and then apply annotations to the drawing, all text should be the same size. If you are putting the annotation in the views, either before placing them on the drawing or expanding the view on the drawing, the text will scale by the applied view scale.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
"Fixed in the next release" should replace "Product First" as the PTC slogan.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

I hit submit too fast.

As an historical note, prior to V10 of UG, you did put the dimensioning in the views and then put the views on the drawings.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."
"Fixed in the next release" should replace "Product First" as the PTC slogan.

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

I started a new "D-size" sheet with a 4:1 scale. I then generated views which when I started dimensioning, found them and the lettering to be very small. I must admit that I did start a sheet before at a different scale but then erased it and started a new one. My navigator only shows one sheet. I would think that the lettering and dimensions should stay the same on any sheet despite the scale. Thank you for your interest!

Vince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back