Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dimensioning a Radius Groove????? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

quest4k

Industrial
Aug 31, 2005
US
Good afternoon, I have a single part which is a an extruded cylinder, .537 diameter, if it matters. On that cylinder I have a .031 R groove, for a snap ring, which at the bottom of the radius, I need to add a dimension, .502 diameter. So far the only thing I have been able to do is once again lie. This thing will not pick up the bottom of teh radius, or tangent edge, if you like so does anyone have any suggestions on any possiblities on how to do this? I won't say were this was a piece of cake, but I need to show the machinist the dimensions. Thank you in advance for any assistance rendered.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you on sp1 of 2006 quest4k?

Jason

UG NX2.02.2 on Win2000 SP3
SolidWorks 2005 SP5.0 on WinXP SP2
SolidWorks 2006 SP1.0 on WinXP SP2

SP1 has been out for a week or so and I highly suggest you update. Apparently the button to check for new service packs is not working or they haven't updated the mechanism on the website that indicates a new SP is avaialble.

Jason

UG NX2.02.2 on Win2000 SP3
SolidWorks 2005 SP5.0 on WinXP SP2
SolidWorks 2006 SP1.0 on WinXP SP2

CorBlimeyLimey said:
Turn on all the shortcuts & menu selections by Tools > Customize > Options and select both Show All buttons.

Thanks... That's pretty Hamn Dandy!

Windows 2000 Professional / Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer
SolidWorks 2006 SP01.0 / SpaceBall 4000 FLX
Diet Coke with Lime / Dark Chocolate
Lava Lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back