Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dimensioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidhardhead

Mechanical
Dec 6, 2006
Is it possible to break a view around a dimension? I tried the "Broken View" command but it does not allow me to hide the break lines.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Correct me if I am wrong but it sounds like you're trying to trim the break lines to the edge of the part?

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SWx 2007 SP 3.0 & Pro/E 2001
XP Pro SP2.0 P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

(In reference to David Beckham) "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right." -- George Best

CorBlimeyLimey,
I am blocked from all 4 of the listed sites.

Bradley
SolidWorks Premim 2007 x64 SP3.1
PDM Works, Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU
3.00 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Virtual memory 12577 MB, nVidia 3400

Go to Tools > Options > Detail see the Break line extensions setting.

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

(In reference to David Beckham) "He can't kick with his left foot, he can't tackle, he can't head the ball and he doesn't score many goals. Apart from that, he's all right." -- George Best

Set that to Zero and it will eliminate the breakline extending past the part line.

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

CorBlimeyLimey,
Yes it is our IT. I can see it from home.

Bradley
SolidWorks Premim 2007 x64 SP3.1
PDM Works, Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU
3.00 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Virtual memory 12577 MB, nVidia 3400

But how do I eliminate the break line all together? I just want to break the part lines without leaving any other lines. Very similar to how to looks when you break dimension lines around one another.

I think I understand what you're wanting. You want to have a "gap" in the object line (part edge) for the dimension's witness line to pass through. I don't think you can do that. I'm not too familiar with dimensioning standards, but I doubt that would be acceptable under any of the "standard" standards.

I would just change the line type of the breakline so it appears to be a part line. Anything more than that I think you're asking for something that is not "standard" in drawing practices.

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back