Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dimensioning 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

onlyforyou

Mechanical
Oct 5, 2007
US
Hi,

I am new to ProE. I have 2 arcs and want to dimension the distance between them . The problem is i do not have the centerline passing through the center of those arc. I made a line passing through the center of the arc and set it as centerline but when i move the view that line does not move with the view. Can someone tell me the right way to do it. I also do not have centerline in 3-D model and i do not have permission to change anything in 3-D model.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

GO TO VIEW>SHOW ERASE.UNDER "TYPE",SELECT THE AXIS BUTTON(LOOKS LIKE THIS_ _ _ _A_1 ). UNDER "SHOW BY",SELECT VIEW.PICK THE VIEW YOU ARE WORKING IN,SELECT OK, AND THEN CLOSE.YOU WILL BE ABLE TO DIMENSION FROM THAT CENTERLINE

Then create one. Put a point at the center of the arc and a then create an axis thru it and perpendiculat to your plane.

-Hora

onlyforyou,
Try this:

1. Create a dimension between the centres of the two arcs.
Use the "center" dim option.

2. Create a cosmetic centreline or centrelines in your drawing.
Use the arc geometry as snap references.

3. Move the created dimension so that it appears to be coming off of the centreline.

4. Relate the cosmetic centrelines using the "relate view" option.
This will allow you to move the views and have the centrelines move with them.

Best of luck.

Cheers,

JW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back