Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dimensions & formulas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andylaug

Industrial
Apr 16, 2002
US
Does anyone know how to add variables to dimensions that dynamically update with the association? (ie. if a dimension needs to show a value of actual length + 1/10 of actual length, how would I enter the formula <>+(<>/10) and get it to work?)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

if u mean to make a tolerance dimension, then in from format meanu>>>dimension style>>highlight the dimension style u need then click modify, go to the tolerance tab set it on, now u have many style of tolerance, symetrical etc...

Hope that what u was asking for !!

pea$e

Andy
No math formula is needed.
You can do this with a 'brute-force' solution. By adding in 'alternate units', and scaling appropriately, you can do what you've asked.
If you need a +/- or such, you can put that on the prefix for the alternate dimensional units

curmudgeon

If you are working with mdt. Set the sketch dims setting to parameters. Your sketch dim will look like &quot;d1&quot;, &quot;d2&quot;. now edit the desired dim to &quot;d1=d2+d3&quot;. As the dims are changed the formulated dims wil update. In drawing space, the numbers will appear real. You caught me away from my work station so I'm doing this from memory. Under the dims settings you can add &quot;pretext and subtext&quot; so that all dims have can read pre &quot;<>&quot; sub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back