Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dimensions and notes disappear in break view

Status
Not open for further replies.

rysep

Mechanical
Jul 17, 2002
US
Sometimes when I do a break view on a drawing some or all of the dimensions and notes disappear. When I un-break the view they are there but when I go back to the break view they are not visible. Is there some way to resolve this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

try this

Un break your view
then
fetch all the points from inside of the break to outside(like in case you have a note pointer inside move the pointer to outside somewhere.
then
break the view again.

Hope this helps.

Sorry forgot to mention using SW2007 SP3.0. The biggest problem I'm having is that everything is already dimensioned and notes with pointers already placed. All of these things fall outside of the break lines so its not a case of them not being there because they fell in the section where the break lines are.
I problem I usually have is with a drawing that I have breaklines on already and I need to go back and change something to it. Sometimes the dimensions and notes will show up while the drawing is loading and once its finished they disapear. Sometimes it is when I need to make a change to something and then everything disapers. Is this just a bug in SolidWorks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back