Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dimensions appear after drawing update 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

slcad

Automotive
Nov 7, 2006
CA
Hi there,

I have a drawing that is not up to date (parent CATPart was moved). I re-route the link (via menu commands Edit - Links - Find/Replace...) to the right CATPart, and the link is accepted. As soon as I update the drawing, a whole bunch of green-colored dimensions appear all over in my views... Does anybody know what are these and how to get rid of them?!

Some screen-shots: here's the drawing before update...

before_update.jpg

... and after

after_update.jpg

This is a fairly simple drawing, but imagine the pain to erase all of them in a complex drawing... and they are not shown as being green, so I can quickly perform a search...

This might be a matter of settings, I don't know...

Thanks in advance!

Catia 5.16 SP8 BN16

Best regards,
Stely

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The green dimensions are auto-generated. Check under Tools > Options > Mechanical Design > Drafting > the "Generation" tab. The top box is Generate dimensions when updating the sheet. Probably switching this off will fix your problem.

This may be a new behavior due to using a different environment, or maybe someone else used the auto-dimensions and then hid them on the original drawing?

Cheers,
Mark

Hi,

Those are dimensions generated from 3D constrains...(see Tools-Options-Drafting-Analysis Display Mode).

Uncheck option Generate Dimensions When Update Drawing from Generation Tab in Tools-Option-Drafting.

Regards
Fernando

:) ,I also noticed that after posting, I experienced some little problems with my net connection at that time.

Anyway, its good when somebody can offer a solution.

Regards
Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back