Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Dimensions do not show up on screen, but do show on print 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bearisle

Mechanical
Jun 2, 2004
US
I completed a print, printed it and saved it. Everything looked good. When I re-opened it, many dimensions did not show up on the screen. They appear on print preview as well aas actual print. If you click around the general area where these dimensions should be, you will be able to blindly select them and they will appear until un-selected. I made sure layer was on. I found that if I selected it and changed the color from white to green, it then appears. I can change it back to white and evrerything appeaars fixed. Any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

More info:
I have found more specific details on what causes dimensions to re-appear.
I can blindly select the dimensions in the layout tab when in model space inside the viewport. However, from here, I cannot change the color, change it back and have it remain viewable on screen. To do this, I must be in Model tab. Also, I found that changing other properties (and changing right back) also works. Example - changing to a hidden line and back to continuous. I now found out that I can blindly select the dimension and open properties. I can open the color pull down window and click on white (was already white). This is enough to fix problem. Also, I can hit undo as many times as I want and it remains fixed????? I have talked to someone else that had the same proble and does not know solution. Aany ideas??

This does not seem to work. I have found the easiest "trick" to getting around this is to go into model tab and select the entire drawing-right click-properties-lineweight. "by layer" is current. I use the pull down menu and re-select "by layer". when I go back to the print, all dimensions are visible. When I save and close out, dimensions vanish again upon re-opening.

hey bear,

try to lower ur resolution of the video card..if no that

try to change the font to a romans or a std. txt

try those if not post back

Joey Baggs

Joey, I tried....No luck.
One more piece to the puzzle....then I give up?
The dimensions all dissapear as I stated earlier in the string.....One dimension does not dissapear and that dimension was made with a quick leader and text (not an actual dimension)
HAS ANYONE HAD THIS HAPPEN?

If this is only happening in paper space, check the view in the viewport, and see if it is set to other than "2D wireframe". At other settings, the viewport may hide other objects in paper space, but only when viewing on the screen. I haven't tried it, but you may see similar behavior in model space.
sundemon

Layers are turned on and color does not matter. happens in Model space (when in model tab as well as within viewports on layout tabs). It is like I have to select it and refresh it every time I close switch out of a view.

Definitly make sure you are in 2D Wireframe, not 3D Wireframe or any other mode. You may need to make the render toolbar visible.

SUNDEMON/IFRs Thank You.I did not have to have the render toolbar visible, but once I selected 2D wireframe, the dimension text became visible. I also noticed that hidden lines now appear dashed in my viewports (before they appeared solid in viewports, but printed out dashed as they should). Is this a bug in the program? or intended? Thanks again..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back