DIMENSIONS FROM VESSEL WORKING POINT AND %SLOPE OF VESSEL 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ugonna

Mechanical
Feb 2, 2015
NG

Please I am in need of an urgent answer to this:

How does one calculate the nozzle projection from Vessel working point and how does one calculate the %slope with respect to Sliding and fixed saddles?
An Urgent Answer will be appreciated and possibly any reference materials sighting examples.

Thanks.

Obi.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

My recommendation is make the Vessel Fabricator Take of it:
(a) the vessel slope should be created with two different heights of Saddles to one common support elevation for the bottom of the two saddles.

(b) the nozzle projection for the bottom flanged nozzles should all be extended to the common elevation equal to the bottom of the Saddles.

(c) the nozzle projection for the top flanged nozzles should all be extended to a common elevation equal the 6" (150mm) above the top platform. The top Platform should be flat and level. The Flanged joint and all Valves and other operational or maintenance features will be accessible.

If all three of these issues (a, b & c) are done as described and properly then the potential for error is greatly reduced.

Sometimes its possible to do all the right things and still get bad results

Thanks Pennpiper.

I don't think any of the above listed points answered my questions.

For Example, if a Vessel is sloped by 0.5% and we are trying to take projection of the Nozzles from the Vessel working point.
how do we come about the projections. because they will be different from the actual projections.
I really don't know. but I want my doubts cleared.

ugonna,

Get a Trigonometry book. If you don't know trigonometry, draw the vessel with a 2D drawing software and get the dimensions. If you don't have a 2D software, draw the vessel to scale on paper and measure with a ruler.

doct9960,

Thanks. I already figured the solution. I thought it was deeper than I saw it. Trigonometry just did the Magic. Thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back