Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dimensions Not Working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IainRourke

Mechanical
Oct 30, 2012
GB
Hi, I have developed a bug with my copy of ST4 regarding placing dimensions in a part file.

When I dimension something, the dimension is placed, however I then cant edit it, I cant even click inside the text box to change the value of the dimension, the only way I can change it is using the scroll wheel! In fact I cant seem to do change anything in the text box, lock, or change driving dimension etc.

I have had a look through solid edge options, but no luck, just re-installed, but the problem is still there.

Pic attatched

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Iain Rourke.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have just found out that this problem also does not let me select any of the live rules to turn them off or on.

This keeps getting worse!

Iain.

Found a solution from a previous post!

I just stumbled upon this thread and had the same problem a few months ago. The dimensioning box in Solid Edge would flicker, but would be unselectable / unusable, making Solid Edge useless until fixed. I called Siemens' support line and they knew instantly what to do, so I would recommend if anyone ever encounters bugs that Google cannot solve then contact Siemens rather than waste your time. This thread is very old, I'm only posting the solution so hopefully future users can find it.

Make sure you exit out of Solid Edge first.

- Go to the start menu, search for and then run "regedit" (no quotes)
- Select/ expand "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
- Select/ expand "Software"
- Select/ expand "Unigraphics Solutions"
- Select/ expand "Solid Edge"
- Select/ expand "V104"
- Select/ expand "UI"

Scroll down to the folder titled "Quickbar Options", right-click and delete it. The problem should be fixed. I have only encountered this bug in ST4, so I don't know if this problem exists or this solution works in other versions.

Good fix!

Cheers,

Iain Rourke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back