Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Direction of Electrical Engineering !

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnaeus

Electrical
Feb 10, 2003
CA
Hello,

I want this topic to be a complementary one for a topic posted a little bit downpage referring to mecanical engineering !

What do you think will be the major tendencies / trends in Electrical Engineering.

I am addressing the experienced engineers from this forum as well as the younger ones.

What should an electrical engineer concentrate and learn now in order to succed in the future . What direction should him follow from this broad domain ?

Thank you all,
Johnaeus
[thumbsup]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For any engineering discipline in general, I would say to look at what new technological advances or discoveries are out there in trade journals, scientific publications, etc. You can then see if/how your skill set might integrate. A EE with semiconductor experience might end up getting involved with MEMS systems as the fabrication methods are similar. Long term careers may have wide ranging histories in regards to experience. An engineering degree gives you a skill set that may be applied to more than just the area of concentration. See what possibilities are allied with your personal interests and go for it!

Regards

In a simple concept, "Love what you do...do what you love". I happen to love preparing drawings, assisting engineers in design considerations and preparing "drawings that look good". Electrical eng, like other disciplines changes with time, if you love it, continue to pursue leading edge technologies, and if you don't then pursue other avenues that make you happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back