Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Disable popup menu after selection click

Status
Not open for further replies.

Felix K. Holloway

Automotive
May 6, 2015
US
Hi all, you know how when you select any piece of geometry, and there is a small menu that pops up immediately following your click near where you clicked in the graphics window? It's designed to be helpful but I find it extremely annoying, because if I have to for some reason select 50-100 faces on a body, and I accidentally mess up and click an icon on the popup menu, I have start the whole process over again (it de-selects all the selected geometry pieces). Needless to say I have never actually used this smart popup menu and have to be very careful not to click on it during those times.

Does anyone know of a preference setting to disable this? Thank you in advance!

menu_popup_aekkda.jpg

Felix K. Holloway - Designer - NX 9 & 11

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks Cowski, had no idea there was that much angst about it. It appears the devs have corrected this in NX 11, there is now an option to disable popups in the customize->shortcuts tab. Life is better now...

Felix K. Holloway - Designer - NX 9 & 11

I'm glad to hear that they've finally made it possible to get rid of that horribly non-productive "feature". Unfortunately, I'm still on 10 for now. What I do besides flick it to the corner of my screen and cuss is to pick from right to left which leaves it chasing after me instead of me running into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back