Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Disappearing assembly constraints

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerbosos

Mechanical
Aug 21, 2011
US
I'm using NX 7.5 and ever since deleting some assembly constraints in one model, now everytime I use them for positioning it shows up briefly and then disappears. No constraint list is created in the navigator. How do I turn this back on?

Thanks,

Steve

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you're using the 'Move Component' function but using the 'By Constraints' as the 'Motion' option, there are NO constraints being created, and that's by design because the 'Move Component' does just that, it 'moves' a Component, it does NOT create any constraint relationships. For that you need to use the 'Assembly Constraints' function.

We only provide the 'By Constraints' option as a tool because users may already be familiar with it and besides, it's faster than actually creating constraints to get a Component to simply be positioned somewhere and then deleting the constraints since you didn't actually want to create any relationships between the Components to start with. I hope it's clear to you what's happening. The 'constraints' that you say are "disappearing" were never actually intended to stay there in the first place. They were just being used as a means but not as final condition.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back