Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disappearing Bend Lines 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MechEngSS

Mechanical
Apr 23, 2012
US
At my company, we are often struggling with disappearing bend lines on our sheet metal drawings. For your reference, we are running SolidWorks 2014 and EPDM 2015. This only happens upon checking the file into the vault. The next time we open the file, the bend lines are gone and any reference to them (dimensions, notes, etc.) are mustard in color. This does not happen on every file, but it happens often enough to be a problem for us.

I noticed 2 other closed threads on this when searching for a solution. They are thread559-273824 and thread559-174361. I have seen many other forums on this topic, but never a solution. Today I stumbled upon a solution to this bug. The steps are listed below.

• Check out the drawing and the model. Open both files.
• Activate the model window.
• Activate the DEFAULT configuration, if it is not already active.
• Click the plus sign (+) next to the Flat-Pattern folder. Click the (+) next to the Flat-Pattern feature.
• Make sure that both the Bend-Lines and the Bounding-Box sketches are suppressed.
• Suppress all of the Flatten features.
• Activate the FLAT-PATTERN configuration.
• Open the Flat-Pattern folder and feature by click the (+).
• Unsuppress all of the Flatten features. Make sure that the Bend-Lines and Bounding-Box sketches are unsuppressed and not hidden.
• Reactivate the DEFAULT configuration and verify that everything in the Flat-Pattern folder is suppressed.
• Hit Ctrl+Q to rebuild, click the Trimetric view button, Save, and check in both files.
• The next time you open the drawing file, the bend lines will be there.
o Note: If you open the file and the bend lines are not there, then it is likely something went wrong in the process. While performing this exercise, it is worth toggling back and forth between the flat configuration and the default configuration, each time validating that the items listed in the Flat-Pattern folder are unsuppressed or suppressed in their respective configurations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back