Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disappearing menus

Status
Not open for further replies.

crispychase

Aerospace
May 20, 2005
US
Is there any way to keep the interactive menus (like the 'View Manager' menu) from disappearing behind the main window (WF2)? Digging them up after they bury themselves every few minutes is getting old.

Thanks,
Chris

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That's what I've been doing, but I was hoping that there was some way to keep them from disappearing in the first place. Some kind of 'always-on-top' setting in the config.pro file that I was unaware of, or something like that. Thanks for responding though.

Chris

If your video card supports 2 monitors (and with the proper Windows XP display setting) you can slide your menus and model tree, etc. over onto the adjacent monitor. That's what we do.
We use pro/2001 with Windows XP, but I would assume you could do the same with WF2.

Regards,
SrG.

That sounds like a great way to fix the problem and double the working screen area at the same time, however, I think I would have better luck asking the IT dept. here for a 2nd head. :)

I was assuming that there would be a simple fix for such a simple problem, but it's not looking that way. I guess I'll have to keep 'alt-tabbing' for now. Thanks for your response SrG.

Chris

It is some annoying behavior (maybe WF3?).

I have found that using MMB to accept default picks vs. actually hitting the OK button will help; the dialogs stay on top. Setting colors and appearances, after entity selection is the one that comes to mind. There may be others.

You should be sure to report this to ptc to make sure they address the issue. It seems this must be very irritating to everyone if you are continually having to hit "alt-tab". And surely it needs to be fixed because an unanswered dialog box needs to remain on top until it has been answered.

Maybe a hotkey or a menu button could be created to make it easier than always having to hit "alt-tab".

We had so many layoffs here that everyone here using pro-e got an additional monitor and we can slide things over to an adjacent monitor (fewer window get stacked on top of each other). It may not be an option for you, but once you get used to 2 monitors, I wouldn't want to go back to a single.
regards,
SrG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back