Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Disc Springs vs. Belleville Washers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Heard of Bellevilles yes, disk springs no. We use Bellevilles for loading certain types of fasteners, such as with kinematic mount screws, where we don't want the fastener to bottom out, since that could potentially damages the mating surfaces, so finger-tighten plus quarter-turn or similar so that the ball ends are firmly in contact with the mating surfaces, but not digging into the hardened steel. Maybe they were disk springs, but the engineer called them Bellevilles, so who knows for sure?

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529 Entire Forum list

Thanks 3DD... I've always spec'd Bellevilles... I didn't know about speccing Disc Springs... The article about designing disc springs for fatigue was an interesting read...

-----*****-----
So strange to see the singularity approaching while the entire planet is rapidly turning into a hellscape. -John Coates

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back