Discharge and intake pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mostafaelec86

Petroleum
Feb 17, 2016
EG
Dear all

i have a case that well is running with Discharge pressure less than Intake pressure,well is 60 % WC

pi 2960 psi
pd 2881 psi
ti 230 F
tm 275 F

Well is running on 34 A @ 50 hz and flow is mixed of Gases and water,

if we have a case like this, what is the reason that causes Discharge pressure to be less than Intake pressure?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You should define where those are, but I assume you're talking abouit inlet and outlet pressure into a downhole pump?

Flowrate more than the pump can handle?
Pressure transmitters not reading right?
What were they before?
Flowrate?
Depth of well?
Pressure at the surface?

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

The pressure of the column of fluid (including gas content) being lifted up is lighter than the sum of the pressure of the column of fluid being pumped down + bottom hole pressure - flow losses.

When gas content of the produced fluid increases, surface discharge pressures increase, because of less lifted weight in the discharge column and usually a lower frictional flow loss of gas.

Einstein gave the same test to students every year. When asked why he would do something like that, "Because the answers had changed."

So it looks like your pump is actually reducing the flow very slightly, but not really doing anything it would seem...

Maybe it's creating a lower pressure at the well base than would otherwise be the case?

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

I thought he was talking about the well inlet and discharge pressures, not the pump pressures.
"The well is running". He does not say "the pump is running".
If its pump pressures, reduce the flow, or increase its speed.

Einstein gave the same test to students every year. When asked why he would do something like that, "Because the answers had changed."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back