Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Discharge temp needed to maintain room temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

hvacnerd

Mechanical
Mar 25, 2005
US
We have a project where the required temperature in the room is 70 deg F +/- 3. Someone told me that in this situation, you have to plan on 67 degree F supply air an d73 degree F return air. Someone else said to provide the required cooling we should discharge 57 degree F air. Will 57 degree air mean we are out of spec on the temp requirement?

Thanks for any insight you can give me!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hvacnerd should also consider using (2) AHU for this size project. Two AHU will be more reliable. At least you have 50% capacity if one is down. Also duct sizes will be reduced. Instead of supplying ductwork from the center, they would be spread out, centered at each half of the building.If absolute reliability is required, consider multiple computer room units with one spare.

yes, hvacnerd has a considerable load and that alone could warrant muliple systems.

If it was critical computers then, it could also be rendundant muliple systems and main cooling plant

Take the "V" out of HVAC and you are left with a HAC(k) job.

Thanks so much for everyone's input. It has been very helpful and given me much to think about!!!

The system does have multiple units as our client always wants redundancy and safety factors etc etc.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back