Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Disk Quotas

Status
Not open for further replies.

srussell

Computer
May 17, 2007
GB
Does any know how I can scan a volume on a Novell File Server that will return the quota set on a per user basis and also get the following information?
Quota set On or Off
Space Used
Space Free
Date the files were created
Date Last Accessed

Any Help would be really appreciated

SR

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hiya-

Well, when I did a google (verb) on "Novel disk server" one of the first hits was:

Since they say in the url "shareware" I'm assuming that it's free. The abstract on the app says:

"Scan for and store daily network file statistics such as creator, deletor, archiver, creation date, deletion date, last access date, last archived date, etc. Tally important file statistics for specific directories such as # modified files, # new files, # deleted files, and # archived files. Learn of deleted and new directories. Find problem users in the blink of an eye! Build informative queries and graphs on the data you've collected."

I was just curious myself. Not going to go to Novel, but wante to know a little more. I'm a 'nix guy and quotas have been around since just about the beginning (goshdarn students!).

Haven't done much with quotas since certification for me. Nowadays, the price of disk space is so cheap.

Anyway, hope the link helps. I haven't used nor researched it. Best of luck!

Cheers,

Rich S.

Rich, FYI... shareware typically means paid programs available in the public domain (though for a usually reasonable fee). Freeware is what the name implies...

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back