Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

distance between gas pipe line and sewagw pipe line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raajibb

Civil/Environmental
Jan 13, 2021
BD
hello sir, good afternoon everyone , i wanted to know what is the safe distance in underground crossing between gas pipe line and sewage pipe line? with some evidance(pdf) . can you help me?please

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Err , not with that level of information.

"Safe" is in the eye of the beholder. The gas pipeline owner will want the separation to be as big as possible.

A lot depends on who is there first and what rights they have in each countries laws and regulations or land rights.

Typically you see distances of between 0.5 to 1m separation, but it is very variable.

Some more information would help a lot.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

As LittlInch mentioned, it can vary widely by jurisdiction and utility owner. (A quick Google search yields as small as 0.5 ft. and as much as 10 ft. between gas and gravity sewer).

I suggest starting with researching local jurisdiction code and if that does not provide a specification, checking with the gas and sewer utility owners.

Gravity sewers yes, "forced mains", i.e. pressurised shit - usually laid at the 0.9 to 1.2m cover mark and level with the ground.

But the OP needs to define "safe". Safe for who? How "safe". It is a meaningless set of words at the moment.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back