Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Div 2 Class 2 analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

10mm

Mechanical
Jul 17, 2016
US
We are moving into the world of div2. I am currently using Compress to design our Div 1 vessels. I have a PE that will check our design as required on the Div2 vessel. I am wanting to do as much of the design as possible while I am simultaneously learning Div2. We have the Compress Div 2 software. Does Compress have the tools to carry out the design by analysis required by Div2 Cl-2?

There is no situation so bad that you cant make it worse. Cmdr_Hadfield

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Compress does not. You will need an expert-level engineer with experience in this topic. I also highly recommend taking training yourself so that: a) you will understand the worth that the expert is doing for you, and b) ideally you will transition into doing the work yourself.

A couple of years ago there was a training course in southern California on Div. 2 (I think). Would be nice to see one down here again but they all seem to be in Houston or Calgary.

Right now, I'm only teaching that course in Calgary (my home city) and Houston. However, if there is enough interest, I could be persuaded to put on the course in SoCal. I'd need about 8 people to make it worth it.

I've also been test driving "virtual attendance". At the Houston venue, we have the equipment to allow me to teach the course online - then you can take it from wherever you are in the world - live. It's very interactive and immersive - I was very impressed when I tried it last year.

Either way, contact me for this training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back