Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DLOAD subroutine

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonSalieri

Civil/Environmental
Jul 14, 2007
IT

First of all:sorry for my bad english!!

Hi to everybody ... I am realizing with "Abaqus" a flexible pavement and must apply at the superior layer a given not uniform pressure on an elliptical area. I have the values of the pressures in a text file and they are registered for square areas of 1mm^2.

State beforehand that I installed the program little time ago and I am not very expert...

In the loads window "LOAD:pRESSURE -> DISTRIBUTION -> USER DEFINED" the program asks to activate the DLOAD subroutine.
Who can explain me, also not in the detail, how it is done, as to creates and as the subroutines are used? Who can suggest me some really useful guide?

Thanks to everybody for the help!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The user subroutines need to be coded in Fortran and therefore you need a Fortran compiler.

In particular, if you use ABAQUS v6.6 then you need Intel Fortran Compiler.

With respect with version 6.6, you should check the
ABAQUS User Subroutines Reference Manual for details about each subroutine, including DLOAD.

In general, all the necessary subroutines are coded by the user in a single file and the path to this subroutine file must be supplied to the solver when the job is submitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back