Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dock locks/truck restraints 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChE51

Chemical
Jan 6, 2003
AU
Hello,

I am working on a warehouse improvement project and one of the major jobs is to install some dock locks/truck restraints. There are so many designs to choose from. Does anyone have any experience installing dock locks or know of the best designs/suppliers. I would like a dock lock that has a good vertical range. My preference so far is to the hook versions.

Che51

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is a little out of my line, but the question stimulated my creative side.
I can visualize an array of actuated plates on the pavement near the dock. After the truck is backed all the way to the dock, the plates swing up with air pressure. The pivot is on the dock side. If a plate is under a set of wheels, it does not project up. This is what sets the actuation pressure. There is a fine balance between sufficient resistance to collapse under truck weight and the ability to resist collapse under the force of a truck trying to roll.

I recently completed a dock expansion here is what I installed, so far with good results.
Rite-Hite APB-1000 Series automatic push button levelers.
Rite-Hite VBR-400 Series vehicle restraint.
Frommelt Insulator dock sealing system.
TKO welterweight dock doors.
As I said everyone is pleased with this setup, and that is saying something! Our Dist. group is very hard to please.
If you are near Illinois I can give you contact info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back