Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Document props

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctopher

Mechanical
Jan 9, 2003
US
I'm having trouble finding how to copy Document Properties from a part file to another part file. I have a part template that I want to copy props to all other part files we have. I thought this could be done, but can't find it. Anyone know? thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you have subscription service you can down load a program that does this for free, found under the model library, API, General Utilities. If you do not I can send it to you.

BBJT CSWP

Which one did you download? The one I am referring to is the Copy Props. When you unzip it you double clik on the CustomProps.exe.

BBJT CSWP

I downloaded it, opened it, then got a window to type some properties...but do not understand how do I get it to copy properties from one file to another.

I have a homebrew addin to copy properties from one file to another, but it doesn't do batch copy. Contact me at the email in my profile if you are interested.

ctopher

I can do it by using DSOfile form Microsoft, if you are using W2K. Not shure that DSOfile works in WXP. You can shearch for related threads here, macro examples in SW site an technical explanations about how DSOfile works in the Microsoft site.

But if you are using custom props, DSOfile will not work. You have to have a macro that will batch open the SW files and copy the props to other files.

Take a loock at the PropaGator Software that can do this job (I can't give you details because I never worked with tis software).

Regarsd

Thanks MrPickles.

It's time to change the PC's in my departement and now all new PC's come with XP. I was affraid to loose the DSOfile feature.

Do we need to install it as it was for W2K?

Regards

I installed it just like I did on XP. I think there are (2) "versions" of DSOFile floating around out there. I have and used the one that had an "install" with it...

-----------
Mr. Pickles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back