Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does any company make a 1" threaded double-wafer check valve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaredTurpen

Mechanical
Jul 3, 2014
US
I need a 1" or .75" double-door/double-disk check valve like this one:
Wafer%20Check%20Valve%201.jpg

With or without the spring is fine; the problem is, I can't find it in 1". It seems they only make these for larger piping systems (2"-48") and in the wafer style or one of the ones where its bolted by the flange.

It needs to seat on metal... Not like these which get jammed up with enough pressure.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

-Jared

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Looking at your title: How the blasted heck do you expect to attach a threaded wafer valve to any two adjacent pieces of pipe flanges?

As implied above, there is no need in industry for such a small specialized valve. Rather: There is not enough need anywhere else in the world for enough such valves to make it worthwhile for anybody to try to build, stock, ship, and sell them.

Why do you think you need this particular style check valve in such a small size?
Why threaded/
Why a wafer valve at all?

I'm not arguing that you have decided you "want" such a valve, I'm simply asking why you think you need such a valve.

Quote by him "Not like these which get jammed up with enough pressure."

Am i reading it right? must be not enough pressure. Go try with high pressure and check whether it will jam or not.

The pressure in the direction of the flow through the valve is limited... to 30" Hg. It is being created by an eductor flowing hundreds of gallons of water per minute. When the nozzle on the end of the eductor line is closed, there can be 150+ PSI in the opposite direction of the flow through the check valve. These smaller butterfly check valves will jam shut with this pressure and the eductor cannot create enough delta P across the valve to open it.

All I want to know is if something like this exists.

The humor really misses its mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back