Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does anyone have a change-request form?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smcadman

Mechanical
Nov 6, 2002
US
Does anyone have a change-request form or change-order they can post or lead me to a website that has one? We have a salesman that changes drawings on a regular basis. The problem is that it is all verbal. On occasion he has forgotten the changes that have been requested, which has caused problems. The cad-manager has me write down the changes that are made, and the date the changes were requested, but the salesman doesn't put his initials on it. One of the companies I worked for was ISO compliant, and there was a lot of paperwork involved, but it was well documented what modifications were to be made, the date they were requested for modification, and they had to have the salesman or customer sign their name before anything could be changed. Any help would be appreciated.

Flores

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not to sound like a smart aleck but why don't you create your own form. Only you know what you want to see on the form and how detailed they need to be. We know from ISO standards that you need to document what you are doing but they do not dictate what goes into the form per se.

Thanks Borgunit, that was my last resort. I have found invoice and other office related templates online but had no luck finding one of these.

Flores

I have a change request form that works for us in manufacturing aircraft parts and structures, if you would like a copy. I've used the same format in other manufacturing sectors (logging equipment, steel mill cranes etc.)so it should be of use to you. I know how frustrating it can be when the salesperson who wants to change the design can't recall what the change was.

TimMyers@mail.sealandaviation.com

Thanks in advance Myerscough, I just emailed you.

Flores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back