Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Does anyone have the PCI Post Tensioning Manual 1972 Edition? I need info for the Prescon System 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

asvpmarco

Structural
Feb 21, 2021
MX
I need more info about the Prescon System just like the images in this previous thread. If anyone has the manual in PDF format please reply with the link to download it, it will be so helpful!
thread592-390564

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have the PCI PT Manual 1[sup]st[/sup] Edition from 1972 with a PDF copy of the PRESCON PT system.

It is at my office - I shall get it tomorrow (my Monday) and post it here.

Thanks, I can't believe you still have it after more than 6 years from the original thread being posted. I'm doing a research about the Prescon System but there's barely nothing about it and having the manual that has all the technical info about would be really useful. I'll be waiting for it and thanks again!

asvpmarco:

See attached file. Total of 8 pages from the 1[sup]st[/sup] edition manual.

Is your research on the Prescon button-head wire system, or their 7-wire strand systems?

I notice that this is your first post on Eng-Tips. This site is a great resource (I have been a member for 20 years this May) so I encourage you to actively participate. I have found it very rewarding to both ask and answer questions.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=62c6c86e-0c14-41a6-a8f7-21a83d1761f3&file=PRESCON_CORPORATION_-_TECHNICAL_DATA_FROM_PCI_POST-TENSIONING_MANUAL_-_1st_EDITION_-_1972.pdf
Thanks a lot! That will help me with my research. At first I thought Prescon only had the buttoned wire system, but I'm also gonna put info about the multi-strand system which uses 7 wires per strand in 0.5" or 0.6" diameter. Some of the information I have is about the anchorage system which uses multi-strands and the other one is information about the number of cables or wires (The second pic is in spanish as I took from a mexican university thesis, by the way, I'm a mexican civil engineering student about to graduate). If you could help me unificate this info, to understand it better since I will talk about both systems. By any chance, do you happen to have the full manual in PDF version?
And if you could help me understand the nomenclature of the system from the third image, in Type chart I guess it is the following:
12 K 5 P where:
12 is the number of 7 wire-strands
K is the name of the system
5 is the diameter of the strands
P (I don't know what it stands for)
First and third image (From PTI Post-Tensioning Manual)
PRESCON_1_qezfrf.png
PRESCON_2_sylrdm.png

PRESCON_3_usv5bc.png

Interestingly I have a copy of the 1972 edition also, but only a paper one!

Seeing PDF was first released in 1993, I doubt a 1972 manual would have been converted to PDF!

asvpmarco

My understanding from your posted images above is that PRESCON has (had) two multistrand systems - the 'K' and the 'KP' systems. With the 'KP' being used for AASHTO bridges - so the 'P' nomenclature is just to distinguish it from the 'K' system.

Back in 2009 I scanned Chapter 2 of the 1972 Manual - this is pages 27 through 106, and details all the PT manufacturer's system information - but the file is large (> than 20 Mb, which is E-T's file upload limit), and I have to find the PDF because it has been a while since I have had to refer to it.

Maybe you could upload it on MEGA and put the link here if you happen to find it and could share it here, would be really useful to have that full information. Still, thanks for sharing the Prescon info and helping me with my research, it makes it easier having it now

You are welcome.

If the opportunity presents itself, try and get out to a construction site where post-tensioning is being used and become familiar with the field process - it shall make you a better designer with such practical knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back