Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Does Anyone Know How to bring a TIF into ACAD LT? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsantana

Structural
Nov 1, 2002
US
I have AutoCAD LT98. I would like to bring a TIF file into ACAD so that I can create a vector drawing over the raster image, then delete the raster image. Can this be done? I can only find an import for DXF and WMF files. I tried to create a WMF file in PhotoShop 7.0, but no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Barry

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you tried to copy and paste using copy from photoshop or similar and then pasting into AutoCAD?

The only thing is it will go in without any scale and this will need to be scaled up.

The other option is to Insert the Tiff as a "picture" (similar to WORD).

You will need to make it transparent so that you can "trace over" (right click and properties? - may be autocad 2000?)

Hope this helps

Thanks all for the suggestions. CADFORUM was helpful, but their tips are for AutoCAD LT 2000 up. It's a pretty slick way to extract hidden additional functionality from LT!

I have tried to copy and paste from PhotoShop to ACAD with no success. It may be a problem with the way PS handles "copy". I am researching that one. I am unable to paste the TIF image into Word either.

AutoDesk has advised me that LT98 is not upgradable to LT2004, so I am looking for a version of LT2000 or 2002 to get me through this issue. I don't draw enough to justify the $700 for a new version. Thanks for all the tips so far! Very much appreciated.

Barry

Exxit:

I have tried the CADforum tip for opening the image manager in ACAD LT2000. Apparently the only thing it provides is the ability to view raster images placed in a file by the full version of AutoCAD. Stiil looking for a way to import a raster file into AutoCAD LT (98 or 2000). Thanks for any help!

Barry

Bsantana,

I got a LT2000i and I opened the TIF file, copied the image and pasted it into my drawing. Can this be done in LT2000? or is it something that came with LT2000i?

Tom

Hi Barry,
are You sure, that copy & paste don't work?
How often do You need an image-import? Maybe a forummember can do the import for You... Email?

Lothar

Tom & Lothar,

I have found that my problem with the copy and paste technique is with PhotoShop 7.0, the application I view TIFF files in. I can copy & paste when using MS Image, although the image is quite pixelated. I find that !Slingshot from drcauto works the best. The image quality is excellent, although a scale factor has to be applied.

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back