Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does anyone use knowledgeware in V5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHay

Computer
Jul 22, 2003
GB
I just wondered if anyone really used knowledgeware?

Dassault seem to be making a big deal out of the knowledge aspects of the product, but does anyone use them.

If you do use it - what do you use it for?

thanks,

Andrew

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I use it almost everyday.
I've used it to imbed knowledge into catalog parts and our own structure package.
I've tied the bill of material parameters to the parameters that drive the size of parts so it's always a one to one match.
You can use it to remind designers of standards.
Very powerful stuff.

Hi Ahay and Punk,

I am the person who is involved in industrialization and testing of "CATIA Knowledgeware". Before suggesting any enhancement in software I need to have the clear goal and use of the product (Knowledgeware). In same context I can give you number of examples where Knowledgeware is the best solution for the ease, optimization, cost effectiveness, multi-solution and tracking of design

You can use Knowledgeware

1. Where you want the best-suited permutation and combination of the available part in a big assembly
2. Where you want every standard must get reminded to the designer
3. Where you want limits of the design, material used, manufacturing feasibility must get reminded to designer for a small change in design
4. With Knowledgeware you can set the Rule and Equations with that one can interlink the components and their behaviour associated in a big assembly
5. Its can be used in Aerospace, Automobile, Jig and fixture design, lock and keys design, Gear technology, Container and packaging industry, Industrial automation work.

These are very few examples and use of Knowledgeware

Hope you got some idea about the usage of Knowledgeware. I agree to punk "its really a powerful stuff". Every day its challenge my thinking to use it in some different process and technology. Thanks

Regards,
Rahul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back