Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Does being nice impede your career? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panjaabi,
Interview, and if, main word being if, they offer you the job, ask for an outrageous salary 10-20k more than you think you deserve. If you don't shoot you don't score. From the sounds of it you haven't much industtry experience and believe me when I say there are many advantages and disadvantages to every company, but at the end of the day, they are all the same. Don't think that if you work for one company you're going to have the job of your dreams. That job doesn't exist, unless you are into lawn care...

JsTyLz,
you seems a little pessimistic,you said the job of dream never exists,I guess that must be related to your own experience while most of time the conclusion from someone`s experience would not always be fit for others,
to say that we need to know how to define a "job of dream",
in my words ,I wouyld define it as "satisfying",my mom always told me never say the mountain you see is the highest in the world.but we could do like this,NOT care about the higher mountain in the distance ,enjoy the one you stand on.and as it comes to the job ,I put it in the same way.
OK ,let`s come back to the topic,nice would never come to the negative way if we use it to describe our innermost feeling.Afterall, we work not just for being working ,while what`s more we are making a beautiful memory.
This is all what I feels (personal for reference).

We are always available to help each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back