Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Dosing Pump 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Engineer,

Thank you for your prompt response. I am currently in the process of soliciting technical proposals for Milton Ray dosing pumps. Upon reviewing the provided datasheets and Milton Ray’s proposal, I have identified certain discrepancies, particularly in areas such as Capacity (L/R), Design Pressure, Plunger Diameters, and other critical specifications.

It appears that Milton Ray is compensating for the flow rate differential by adjusting stroking speeds. In their response, Milton Ray has asserted that the proposed model aligns with their proprietary design and is grounded in their extensive experience.

If you have experience or expertise in dealing with this specific type of pump and can provide guidance on selecting the appropriate pump models to address these disparities, I would greatly appreciate your assistance in making an informed decision.

Are you saying that the people people who have offered equipment in accordance with your requirements don't know what they are doing, and you are now asking "us" to comment on unknown information. There are some smart people in this forum but we aren't crystal ball experts.

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

It's common practice to use a variable speed drive or electronically controlled spill valves for variable rate applications in lieu of mechanical methods. Is that your concern?

Dear TugboatEng,

Thank you for your prompt response.

My question pertains to whether it is common for manufacturers to offer pump models with varying design pressures or capacities based on their own designs, and whether these variations perform effectively in practical applications.

Thank you for your insights.

Sincerely,

Peter

Dosing pumps are positive displacement. They simply needed to exceed your requirements.

Hi,
You mean Milton Roy, I guess, one of the best in class. You may try Pulsafeeder, another great company or Prominent.
You also may want to share your spec sheet together with vendor's reply.
Adjusting the strokes is a common practice, electronically if possible.

Pierre

Dear All,

I would like to share a sample datasheet that has been presented. After reviewing it, I would greatly appreciate your input and thoughts on this proposal.

Thank you for your collaboration.

Best regards,

Peter

"It appears that Milton Ray is compensating for the flow rate differential by adjusting stroking speeds."

Isn't that how every dosing pump is selected? There are certain sizes, and the stroking speed is selected to suit the capacity that you require.

Or are you thinking that they manufacture an infinite number of sizes so there is always one size that fits your desired capacity at some speed that you have determined in your own mind?

The supplied data sheets look fine to me. It's fairly clear that flow adjustment is "manual" and hence at max stroke you need the pump to exceed your stated requirements.

It looks to me like a fixed speed motor, but a data sheet is quite vague.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Many pumps particularly if they have a fixed speed motor also offer stroke length adjustment which alters the volume of each stroke or pulse. This can be done manually or by a analogue controlled adjuster to give "automatic" or "remote" control. Stroke length adjustment works well but is not quite as precise perhaps and does not give the degree of turndown that pump rate adjustment allows. Nonetheless it provides a viable means of dosing control on fixed speed pumps.

Regards
Ashtree
"Any water can be made potable if you filter it through enough money"

Dear All friend

It is evident that the manufacturer has submitted a proposal that deviates from the specifications outlined in the customer's datasheet. This marks the manufacturer's final response on this matter. Appreciation is extended for the prior responses in this context, and we invite further insights or opinions.
PUMP_REPLY_i672gi.png
[tt][/tt]

Sorry but I can't read that, even opening in another tab.

But can you describe what you think is wrong with it?

It says manual stroke adjustment.

but if you don't like it for some reason then don't buy it.

Frequently, customer data sheets specify things that are physically impossible, so it's not unusual for a manufacturer to not meet the specification.

Looking at the blurry image, the customer requirements were for a competitor's solution which Milton Roy doesn't duplicate, such as gear reduction ratio, plunger diameter, et al.

I agree, nothing strange there.

They say they can meet the process requirements, but the specific parameters will clearly vary between different vendors.
So as long as they will guarantee performance with your specified fluid, the fact that you might have specified e.g. a different stroke length and piston size is neither hear nor there. IMHO.

I really don't know what your issue / problem is exactly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back