Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Double click dimension in sketch in part doesn't come up scrolling. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

borsht

Mechanical
Oct 9, 2002
US
So when modifying a sketch in my part I have gotten used to double clicking the dimension, and it comes up automatically with the scrolling box so you can modify the value using the scroll wheel on the mouse. That said, for some reason I cant make that happen anymore. Now when I double click the dimension it defaults to a box with the value that I have to type in to change. I've tried clicking on the extension lines, and the blue "nodes" on the dimension, instead of the number, and rarely does the scroll box come up.
What's the secret to making it default to the scroll box?

SolidWorks Newbie since 2001
-Currently using SW2021

Inventor Newbie since 2019
-Unfortunately Currently using Inventor22

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I can't answer your question but... I can't imagine ever even wanting to use the scroll wheel to define a dimension. My mindset is WAY too precise for that.

Thanks Deepak Gupta. That was half the fix. I also had to turn off the Instant2D in the sketch menu, at which point the default becomes scroll!

And thanks Jboggs for that personal insight into your brain, sick and twisted as it may be. Using the scroll for dimensioning is, for me, a big time saver when it comes to modifying sketches. Moving your dimensions by standard increments is way more accurate than typing in numbers. Heck II caaant even tipe in werds ackyouratly.

SolidWorks Newbie since 2001
-Currently using SW2021

Inventor Newbie since 2019
-Unfortunately Currently using Inventor22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back