Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Double Clicking

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtramontina

Nuclear
Feb 19, 2010
US
Ok, here's my issue. There for a while, when in a drawing, I could double click a dimension and the properties window would automatically open up. Now, for some unknown reason, when I double click, just the dimension number itself is only opened for changes. Did I somehow turn that option off? Is it in the config.pro somewhere? Please help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For WF4:

If nothing is selected then double clicking should open the dimension properties window. If you select the dimension first (single click) then double click it should just open the dimension value (works for tolerances to). I'm not aware of any config options that affect this behavior.

It's a little different in Creo.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

In my use I usually MB2 click and select Properties. I think in WF5 They added an option Value on pop-up menu that would just change the value like in sketch when you select 1 or more dims and hit the Modify DimValue icon.

The other thing that may be causing the difference is what your selection filter is set to or if you are not on the correct set of ribbon tabs ie "Layout"

I updated to win8 which now supports creo versions on versions 2&3 I love the way PTC Drops support of 32bit OS which can run fine if set up that way although not Ideal. I used to have my own customize tabs before the Attack of the Ribbon Bars.

RT is that for Art/Arty Ramontina [grin] or is it a secret. Feel free not to respond to that query

"It's not the size of the Forum that matters, It's the Quality of the Posts"

Michael Cole
Boston, MA
CSWP, CSWI, CSWTS
Follow me on !w¡#$%
@ TrajPar - @ mcSldWrx2008
= ProE = SolidWorks

LOL My name is Robyn Tramontina. RTramontina,,, I guess I should figure out how to do a signature. I just started looking at this website and I'm really loving it. It's very helpful.

Good to know, your signature looks great. Somepeople come up with funny names and or signatures because being boring isn't fun unless you're into boring things. I came accross this forum while working at a Company using Unigraphics or NX as it's now named. I had a ton of information about Catia and Pro/E and quickly came up to speed with this forum's excellent help. Thanks to Looslib and JohnRBaker for answering the questions of a UGNX nube and leading to my success with learning the product.

"It's not the size of the Forum that matters, It's the Quality of the Posts"

Michael Cole
Boston, MA
CSWP, CSWI, CSWTS
Follow me on !w¡#$%
@ TrajPar - @ mcSldWrx2008
= ProE = SolidWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back