Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Double piston effect seat design 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

waleedarafah

Mechanical
Jun 1, 2008
SA
Could you help me on the following query.

Our ball valve seat design is one seat SPE "Upstream" and the other seat is DPE "Downstream" .
My question is the DPE allow back pressure to pass through valve even the valve in closed position in case the second seat is SPE. (See attached PEFS)

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ec5e4ca5-7a19-4525-a7bb-a10ae6e40bb5&file=PEFS.pdf
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No. What the spe does is allow any pressure build up of pressure in the ball to relieve back into the trap, however with a second valve it doesn't seem to work.
I would have thought this valve should be the other way around as the key issue is not to allow flow of anything into the pig trap.
I

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Thank you Littleinch
Also the second valve is the same, we understand that thess valves shall be in the other way around.
But i need to know if the back pressure "pipeline pressure" down stream the valves can pass the DPE seat or not

Not if the seat seals. This also applies to any pressure from "upstream".

However if it does then the spe seat will allow fluid to pass onto the next valve without sealing

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back